Be the first to explore a wonderland of food experiences at habitat by honestbee, a ‘NewGen Retail’, tech-enabled multi-sensory grocery and dining concept
- NewGen Retail : Innovation in retail technology that inspires more human engagement for a multi-sensory shopping experience
- habitat by honestbee is a 60,000 sq ft physical expression of NewGen Retail as it connects the online marketplace with offline food experiences. Leveraging on smart technology, data science and robots, it removes the hassle of normal retail shopping and inspires more human interaction through food.
- habitat by honestbee offers the world’s first cashless, automated checkout (AutoCheckout) experience and robotic collection point (RoboCollect)
- A multi-sensory experience for shoppers and diners who seek convenience, value, quality, personalisation and a sense of community
- It is a full range supermarket and speciality grocer all in one with over 20,000 products of Asia and global groceries, seasonal fruits and vegetables, seafood, meats, cheeses and daily essentials, all at great value.
- It is also launching 15 brand new food and beverage concepts , from Californian cuisine, grain bowls to grilled meats, Asian bento favourites, Japanese souffl é pancakes and homemade kombucha drinks
- Honestbee, Asia’s leading marketplace that delivers quality fresh food products and meals, unveils its latest offering: habitat by honestbee, the world’s first tech-integrated multi-sensory grocery and dining concept. Introducing ‘NewGen Retail’ , a concept defined as innovation in retail technology that inspires more human engagement for a multi-sensory experience. Spanning over 60,000 square feet of gastronomic adventures, an immersive culinary journey awaits shoppers and diners at habitat by honestbee where they experience freshness, convenience and fun in a tech-friendly space.
habitat by honestbee
Address: 34 Boon Leat Terrace, Singapore 119866 (next to Mapletree Business City)
Opening hours: 8am to 10pm
Facebook: habitat by honestbee
Hashtags: #habitatSG #habitatbyhonestbee #staysuperfresh #honestbeesg
A fully integrated online and offline experience Powered by honestbee’s leading-edge technology, habitat by honestbee offers two firsts in the world: a cashless checkout experience (AutoCheckout) and fully automated, robotic collection point (RoboCollect).
With the honestbee app, customers can enter the space and through beePay , honestbee’s very own digital wallet, make secure, cashless transactions throughout the store for both offline and online transactions.
For purchases of 10 items or less, shoppers can use the “Scan & Go” function on the honestbee app, so they can skip the checkout line and get their items on the spot. For more items, shoppers can drop off their trolleys at the world’s first convenient AutoCheckout and habitat will take care of the scanning and packing. Bags will be ready for collection at the RoboCollect Stations. Orders can be processed between checkout and collection in as fast as 5 minutes, so shoppers will have more time to enjoy habitat by honestbee as a multi-sensory community.
Shoppers can order from habitat’s food and beverage concepts for dine-in, take-away as well as home delivery. Online grocery orders are fulfilled by shopper bees using overhead conveyor belts for greater productivity before driver bees pick them up for one hour time belt deliveries within the day.
Habitat by honestbee is a full supermarket with over 20,000 Asian and global products, fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, meats and daily essentials which can be purchased both online and offline in an exceptional environment. Available for customers to dine in or take-away, there are also 15 unique food and beverage concepts — from fresh grain bowls, grilled meats straight from the butchery to Japanese souffl é pancakes and homemade kombuchas. That’s not all, the following concepts are also in the pipeline: A by-invitation-only private dining space that takes your experience at habitat by honestbee to a whole other level, an oyster bar, a hidden bar as well as an entire section devoted to charcuterie and cheese. The full list of concepts are available in the fact sheet.
Although habitat by honestbee is powered by technology, our concierge bees are available to answer any questions, adding to the overall immersive experience. This is complemented by food workshops, masterclasses and hands-on experiences with the products on-site. The habitat by honestbee experience is designed to enrich consumers with a knowledge of the food and products available.
A growth opportunity for marketplace and F&B partners
habitat by honestbee makes it convenient and inexpensive for entrepreneurs and F&B partners from Singapore and the international markets to establish or expand their presence online and offline. honestbee’s ecosystem supports potential partners and entrepreneurs by allowing them to focus on delivering a quality dining and shopping experiences.
As an example, habitat by honestbee has partnered with Michelin-mentioned Tokyo pancake cafe, Riz Labo Kitchen to bring Singaporeans the popular dessert trend of wobbly Japanese pancakes. Another highlight is local favourite Char, for their delectable local roast char siew and meats. Other progressive partners include Prime Supermarket, Mahota speciality grocer, Indoguna, Bear Bear Fresh and FarEastFlora.com.
“habitat by honestbee is a beautiful, physical extension of the honestbee brand we all love. With its launch, we now provide tech-enabled convenience, value and quality through food in both the online and offline experience. It is a unique combination of a full supermarket, speciality grocer, dining and interactive lifestyle destination. In this innovative space, one can expect a multi-sensorial food experience that nourishes, educates and inspires. We designed it so that customers can get their groceries and meals efficiently but also linger and enjoy the experience. ” said Pauline Png, VP & Managing Director, habitat by honestbee.
“We are excited to bring this ‘NewGen Retail’ concept from Singapore to our current eight markets and beyond in the near future. Guided by our passion for food and technology, we will continue to innovate in solutions to enhance the quality of our products and experiences, bringing value to our partners and customers. We invite progressive partners to come along with this in this journey!” said Joel Sng, CEO & Founder of honestbee.
Festival of Fresh – Celebrating the 5 senses of fresh
To celebrate the launch of habitat by honestbee, customers can look forward to the ‘Festival of Fresh’ which will begin from 18 October to 11 November 2018. The festival invites both young and old to ignite their five senses through pasta and bread making, tasting of seasonal produce and products, coffee appreciation. Look forward to more cool and family friendly weekend activities held on 20 and 21 October and 27 and 28 October.
Be entertained by local acts such as up and coming vocalist Joie Tan and New Orleans style brass band, New Stream Brass Band. Kids can look forward to veggie paint-and-draw by OIC, balloon sculpting and face-painting activities while adults can indulge in food styling workshops, scent creation, coffee painting sessions and hands-on bread shaping.
honestbee is Asia’s leading marketplace that delivers quality food products and experiences, available in 16 cities across eight countries: Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong. honestbee is passionate about making every life moment better through food. With a mission to be Asia’s fastest-growing food service powered by community and technology, honestbee provides world-class, on-demand logistics, flexible jobs opportunities and a strong network of 12,000 partners to deliver innovative services and concepts. The folks at honestbee are passionate about food and how technology can enable more in depth human experiences and moments around food.